Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Pursuit of Stability

My dad never let me borrow anything from any body- especially with girls.  You always run that risk of being titled "That girl who jacks up people's sweaters."

My dad is not religious but that principle (which I disobeyed plenty,) does have some root to it.  The Lord said he will make us lenders not borrowers.  But He als said that faith without works is dead.  We have to work towards whatever we are asking for in faith that it will come through.

A lot of times, in relationships money and the ownership of it can make things a little messy.

I'm no expert but men in general they feel that they need to be the providers and authority in relationships (and there is biblical content to back support that) so when a women has a career with a higher position making more money sometimes males will react defensively.

 But the man is not going to come out and say "I'm doing this specifically because I'm threatened." It will show through actions.  But I'm getting side tracked, the ladder is for another blog.

Back to the subject- my biggest prayer for myself right now is stability- not only so I don't have to be dependent on somebody but it just prevents SO MUCH!! Somebody stable never owes anyone anything...... There's never an uncomfortable situation where a friend doesn't know whether or not to ask for something they need back......  The best part is being able to bless people in more ways!!

 "Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not."  James 4:2


This verse brings to mind a mother who wants to provide for her children and becomes a stripper to pay for a college education.  I never want to be in a desperate situation.  So am I going to charge someone for dances or sell drugs? No.  I'm gonna rely on God and trust that my diligence and obedience will get me to the blessings that God has for me.


I've seen people's lives take a complete turnaround for the better just because they relied completely on God and to quote Rev. Jackson "Keep hope alive!" lol

No comments:

Post a Comment