Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is that Everything?......

Me at 6:10AM today:
"In-case I get hungry, I need my credit cards.  Oh I might have to pay toll if there's traffic; found a dollar!  Okay, got my lip gloss, and perfume.  You know what? Let me bring another one just in-case, 'cause this one is almost finished." (Skims the room...) "OMG!! How could I forget my headphones to listen to Pandora....YES, found my keys I think I'm ready to go.  Is that everything?"

Sound familiar? 

As I shared yesterday, my prayer for myself is that God puts my life in the right order.  Ladies and gentlemen that is a major request!  So much so, that the same devotion ministered to my heart again last night.  The story of Tabatha really stuck out to me.  Like many people I know, Tabatha's life was in order so much so that she was a female disciple.  The story said that Tabitha became ill and died after Christ was crucified.  After Peter had prayed for her, she became alive again and because of this many people believed in Christ. (Acts 9:36-42)

The fact that she loved the Lord and lived her life in accordance to Gods plan for her life is proven through her title: disciple.  It may not be easy to stay positive when you see that God is lifting up your peers and using them for his glory and not you.  Sometimes I find myself asking "Lord when are you going to bless me like this! WOW!"  Stormie Omartian gave an awesome reference: "James 4:7 tells us that our first priority is to 'submit to God.'"  It's important to realize that you will never know the sacrifice, hardship, persecution, reaping and sewing  a servant of God has had to go through before they reached their fruit.   They had to constantly seek that God would place their lives in His perfect order.


As I rushed out the house making sure that I'm fully prepared materialistically, I should been preparing myself spiritually w a prayer like this. "In-case the enemy has a plan for me to fall, Lord encamp your angels around me.  Oh, I might have to minister to someone today, minister through me.  Okay I woke up this morning so you obviously have something purposed for me...Show me what that is.  You know what!? Let me praise You for two minutes 'cause You're doing somethings for me in the spiritual realm that I cannot not see.  OMG!!! How could I do anything without You??  YES! Please Lord prioritize my life as I put You first in everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment