Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Submition in Everything?....

I've been reading the Power of a Praying Woman  by Stormie Omartian and it's been a ram in the bush for my life. The format of the book makes it simple and user friendly.  The table of contents consists of topics that we should seek Christlike direction for. 

My life, up to date, has not gone according to plan, and that's been a weight that has kept the mind set of inaccomplishment a median.  This morning though I woke up with an unnusual vigor and excitement to get busy and work on things that I'd been putting off for....no reason at all.  As I seeked direction and tips for putting MY plans in order Stormie told me like it is.  Plainly, I must submit to God's plan for me. 

"God is a God of order." she said, before relating the ladder to the order in wich God placed the universe and all that is in it, with reference to 1 Corinthians 14:40 "Let all things be done decently and in order."  As she explained that Jesus, the son of God was blameless and without sin, yet submitted to God's will till the "point of unfathemable death and suffering"  I realized that I, fully blamefull and easily fallen, should be seeking/ submitting to Him all the more!

My favorite tip in this devotion was to find a church but not just any church, one where the purpose is clear and you "recognize the pastor's voice as an important spiritual authority in your life."  This will line you up with the order in which you uniquely should have in your life because if this said church is really where God want's you, you shouldn't be sitting around and playing church, you should be seeking the reason why you are there in hopes of getting your hands a little dirty, in Jesus name ovcourse LOL.

There was just too much in this short devotion for me to expand upon, but I'll stop here for now.  My favorite verse she suggested in accordance to the title "Lord, Instruct me as I Put My Life in Order" was "Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account.  Let them do so with joy and not grief for that would be unprofitable for you."  Hebrews 13:17.

I'm writting to you as someone whose seen what it means to have a pastor that has prayed for your arrival to the ministry before they knew you and prayed you through hardships that God has ministered to them about before you even open your mouth and say "This is what I'm going through..."  Eeee yea....that type of devine revelation and confirmation that you are on the right path DOES infact exist.  It's no use to you if you don't submit to it though :(

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece Sister!!!

    Keep em coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to. Thank you for taking the time to read it! MOTIVATED!

    ReplyDelete